Sunday, February 17, 2013

Claco Revisited!

I was really excited to learn about the website Claco. It sounds like such an interesting idea: a place where teachers can share and organize different files, videos, games, and websites that are all aligned with the Common Core curriculum. I requested an invite right away, but unfortunately, Claco is still in the beta phase of development. Because of this, it can take 4-6 weeks for a request for an invite to be met. This timeline isn't ideal for our Web 2.0 blog projects, but fortunately I was still able to explore some of the features. I was able to look at different profiles of current Claco user and see some of the features the website has to offer. Just from browsing around, the website seems very user-friendly and can be customized to fit the needs and the lessons of each individual teacher using it. I did a small screen-cast of one of the profiles I explored, so check it out and see some of the exciting features I discovered. If you currently use Pinterest, Claco is very similar except that it is solely for education! I hope to get my invite request granted soon, because it seems like a very promising site!!


2 comments:

  1. This seems like a very nice tool. I love using pinterest, but it takes a long time to find some educational activities. Sometimes I search for resources to use with different novels and I have to sort through links to information about movies that have been made based on the novel. This site seems to remove that hassle. Another site that I think is similar to yours is http://www.myclassroomideas.com/. It is formatted just like pinterest, but only has teaching ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, like you I find it can be a little annoying to navigate through all of the other "stuff" on Pinterest to get to what you want to view. This is extremely stressful at school when trying to plan since it often leads to blog sites, which are banned in Howard County! But, the binders on Claco have the materials that you can download, so that would be more ideal when planning at school.
    I haven't heard of myclassroomideas.com, I'll have to check it out! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete